Living shorelines are built from natural materials and are integrated with the landscape.
They act as natural barriers to wave energy to help trap sediments from tidal waters, allowing the marsh behind them to grow as sea level rises.
Want to see more?
To see if a living shoreline might benefit your property, please Request a Quote.
Your confidential response will be sent directly to Mary-Margaret McKinney, Director of Coastal Restoration for RS Shorelines, who will review and followup with you directly.
A living shoreline on your property can:
- Reduce wave energy and erosion
- Restore habitat for plants and animals
- Avoid permits for hard structures
- Increase resilience to storms
- Trap sediment to stabilize and reclaim your waterfront
- Improve water quality by filtering pollutants
- Beautify your investment